The oldest parts of St.Margaret's Church date back to the end of the 12th Century.
The present church building is the result of various alterations and additions throughout the 14th, 15th and 16th centuries.
The church now has its own website - please click here.
The first recorded Rector of St.Margaret's Church was William de Whitwell who was rector for the parish of Swannington from 1260-1280. More information and the photo opposite can be found in "Swannington: Its Church, Rectors and History" by Rev.John Dixon Wortley who was rector in 1921. Money raised by Swannington in Bloom will go towards the upkeep of St.Margaret's Church.
Half of the money raised by Swannington in Bloom 2022 will go towards maintaning the newly refurbished play area at the top of School Road.